Tuesday, May 1, 2012

the saddest thing in the world.

The saddest thing in the world....

is realizing my wine glass is empty.

is realizing my wine bottle is empty.

is The Marsh not ever being able to pick up wine on his way home because he is in uniform.

is running out of coffee creamer.

is an empty k-cup box.

is an empty coffee cup.

is wanting a triple double stuff oreo and realizing i don't have any.

is wanting to lose 20 pounds when all i can think about is wine. and coffee creamer. and oreos.

is finishing a good book and realizing it's over.

is finishing a good book series and realizing it's over.

is having my heart broken by fictional characters.

is watching The Marsh drive out of my driveway, even though i know he'll be back in 12 hours.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
no. these actually aren't the saddest things in the world, but more often than not, I feel like they are.

and i'm grateful for that. it means that in that very moment, when I look into my wine glass and realize it's empty and think to myself There's nothing in the world more sad than an empty wine glass...life is good. great even. because there isn't anything going on in my life more sad than that. I'll take that kind of heart break anyday.

although, I would prefer not to. because I love my wine.

Thanks for reading!
Lana

No comments:

Post a Comment