Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Thunder Storms.

Today I am grateful for thunder storms.

I love thunder storms.

like really really love them

I love them during the day. when suddenly the entire world (or you know, that little town you call home) goes dark. it feels like night it's so dark. and then the lightning is so bright and shiny in the darkness. and then no matter how old you are...you start counting. just to see how long it is before the thunder sounds.

I love them at night. when the lightning seems to spider across the sky. creating so many different pathways of current. I love just laying in bed and being able to see the lightning out my window. and just listening to the rain on the roof. I woke up at about 2:00am this morning and just watched the lightning for a few minutes. and then this morning at 5:30 when i needed to get up for work I had no desire. I think it would have been easier to get up and go to work if it had been sunny. the rain and thunder seemed to be whispering to me. "stay in bed with a book."

and why I ABSOLUTELY adore thunder storms? because around these parts, it means summer is finally coming. thunder storms don't happen in the winter. they barely happen in the spring and fall. but in the summer? oh yes. we get them. and I am soo ready for summer. I'm done with the cold and the wind and the mud. I just want it to be summer now. and while memorial day weekend typically is the beginning of summer season as far as tourists go..i don't consider it summer time until we've had a couple decent thunder storms.

I'd say we're off to a fantastic start.

YAY for summer!

thanks for reading!
Lana

No comments:

Post a Comment