Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Camp.

Today I am grateful for invitations.

more specifically, an invitation to me. from my dear friend, Kristy.

It's not a new invitation. it comes every summer. once or twice. if i'm lucky enough for her to make it up this way more than that, even better. and it usually produces some of my favorite memories from the summer. so what is this oh so special invite?

"do you want to come see me at camp this weekend?

Why yes, darling. I do.

Kristy's parents own a camp just up the road about 10 minutes from where I live. and every summer she comes home for a couple weekends and stays out at the camp. and she always extends the invite for myself or the kids and the marsh and i to come out and visit. and i love getting to go out there and see her.

I love sitting on the deck with her in the morning, drinking a cup of coffee and catching up on everything going on in our lives. I love sitting on that same deck in the evening with her, drinking a glass of wine and listening to the loons sing. We have hilarious conversations. and we have serious ones. It's where I first met her amazing boyfriend, ken. and it's where I asked her to be my children's Godmother. It's a time to come together and remember why we're such good friends. even though we live two states away.

It also comes with the benefit of her parent's hilarious neighbor, Gale. she's seriously one of the funniest people I have ever met. She reminds me alot of my mother, so i took to her right away. She is also amazing and has no problem letting us lounge on her deck down by the water or taking us out on boat rides. she's even taken my children out on boat rides too. She is just awesome.

The whole atmosphere at camp is awesome. and i seriously look foward to the time spent there with kristy each summer. this week i received my first invitation this summer. and i'm grateful for the chance to see her this weekend. and enjoy camp. I am also even more grateful for this invitation because Kristy is leaving next month to go live in London for 8 weeks. and while i'm extremely excited for her, it also means that I won't get to spend those special days lounging on parent's deck with her this summer like i normally would. so i'm glad we'll have this one weekend until August when she comes back.

I'm not entirely sure which day i'll be out to see her, but i'm going to try really hard to make it happen. and I'm grateful for any chance to see my best friend.

Thanks for reading!
Lana

No comments:

Post a Comment