Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Thank You, Mr. President.

Today I am grateful for President Obama.

because today he became the first president of the United States to publicly announce that he believed gay couples should be allowed to be married.

and I think that is just amazing. I am Amazed



The issue of gay marriage, or as I like to call it, marriage is so important to me. for several reasons.

1. I have some dear friends whom are wonderful and amazing. and they just happen to be gay. and I want each and every one of them to achieve happiness at every level they could possibly want. If they want to marry that one person that they are absolutely in love with, I'm down with that. Actually, if they want to marry someone they only sorta like, I'm down with that too. because it's none of my fucking business who they marry.

2. along the same lines as number one, I have some very dear family, whom are wonderful. and amazing. and they just happen to be gay. or bisexual. I want all of them to be able to get married. or not married. whatever they decide. I want that to be the beauty of it. they can have it if they want. or not if they want. the point is, it's THEIR decision. no one elses.

3. I am a human being. and I don't think that anyone should have the ability to tell anyone else who they cannot or cannot marry. a person should never be denied such a basic human right. a person is a person. Jeez, didn't any of these people ever read Dr. Suess? It breaks my heart that people think they have a right to tell another human being what they can or cannot do. and it breaks my heart that people are saying President Obama only did this for the votes. and disagree on this for several reasons...but I won't get into that now.

right now I am just going to bask in this amazing moment. and be so grateful.

and I'm also going to pray very very hard that our president gets re-elected, so that the next one doesn't come in and undo everything that Obama has done for Americans tonight. Gay. Straight. Bisexual. Asexual. whatever.

Bravo.

Thanks for reading!
Lana

No comments:

Post a Comment