Saturday, May 19, 2012

Ginger Kids.

Today I am grateful for genes.

specifically, my genes. and The Marsh's genes as well.

kinky, right?

Why am I so grateful for our combined genes?

because I am SO grateful that we didn't produce this....


a ginger kid.

yes. I went there.

You see, after years and years of fighting the fact that I am actually a red-head, (that's strawberry blonde! thankyouverymuch) i finally began to embrace it. being a blonde or a brunette is soo over done. only 3% of the population are red heads. or something like that. and being a red head is kinda hott, right? (the correct answer is yes..) but it might not be so very hott, if you are THAT kind of a red head. crazy curls. wire-y hair. lots and lots of frizz. half of the time they are compared to orphan annie. the other half, someone is going on about their souls. or lack there of. but how can being THAT kind of a red head be even worse? you could be a boy.


yup.

it's pretty awful.

painful really.

and i thank god every single day....that the ugly kid in that picture will never be my son. go ahead. call me shallow. and then tell me how you don't want you're children to grow up to be beautiful.........oh whats that? you don't want your children/future children to be ugly either. thats what I fucking thought.

anyway. when I found out that i was pregnant with a boy, I was soo excited. but then i had a moment of panic. everyone kept saying "oh, your baby is going to have red hair!" and then I would hyperventilate. I did not want my son to have red hair. at all. why? because no one ever looks at a red headed dude and says "wow, I want to have sex with that!"

are you still with me?

I know. no mom wants to think about their babies growing up and having sex. but that doesn't mean it isn't going to happen someday. and I want my son to grow up with confidence. i want him to know that not only is he this totally amazing person on the inside, he's also one good looking guy on the outside.

lucky for me I ended up with this little dude.


ladies, eat your heart out.

yes. he has red hair.

but he doesn't have the crazy ginger kid red hair. thank you baby jesus.

i thought that it was only me. that i was just this crazy mom making a big deal out of nothing. until The Marsh called me tonight to say that he had watched We Are Marshall again and realized that the coach's son in the movie has crazy ginger red hair. and he said "I'm so grateful Brey doesn't have hair like that!"

Me too, babe.

me too.

Hope everyone is having a good weekend! and please don't think I discriminate against ginger people. as I happen to be one. I'm just grateful that my son is gorgeous. you can't really hate me for that?

Thanks for reading!
Lana

2 comments:

  1. great stuff!

    of course the worst ginger hair usually doesn't kick in until the teens...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah same with the manky freckles hes going to look like a jewish clown

    ReplyDelete