Thursday, May 24, 2012

Cinderella.

Today I am grateful for Cindrella.

No, not the princess.

but my very good friend, Corey.


I just happen to call him Cinderella. because we used to work together. and i had to teach him how to mop. he was 16. how a 16 year old doesn't know how to mop is still beyond me. but apparently we bonded over the experience. and i've loved him ever since.

Like i said, Corey and I used to work togther at a little place i like to refer to as HELL. okay, so i guess it wasn't that bad. but it was a pet store. full of little animals that piss, and shit, and bite you....and okay. i lied. it really was that bad.

but obviously i was in good company. Corey and I became very good friends. he was a grade behind me and even went to a different school, but we stayed in touch when i moved out of state and remained friends throughout the craziness of my marraige and pregnancies.

When my brother told me he wasn't going to be able to make it to my wedding, i remember feeling devastated. and remember thinking in that moment that there was only one other person I would want to take his place in my wedding...and that was corey. he really came through, renting the tux and everything last minute. I was so glad to have him there sharing in my special day. he made the fact that my brother couldn't be there a little bit easier to bear. I'll always be grateful to him for that.

The reason I am grateful for him today,is  because after not seeing him for almost 2 years (thanks to him going to grad school in D.C.) I FINALLY saw him tonight. He came over for some dinner and wine. and it was just amazing. the best part about having such an easy and wonderful friendship with someone since you were 16, is that no matter how much time has passed, every visit is just so much fun. We drank (after all, we are WASPs), we ate, we laughed, we caught up, we drank some more. I'm just so grateful for wonderful nights like this one. He's back home now, all finished up with school for the most part. so i am hoping to be able to see him a little bit more often than once every two years. He's just such a happy, fun. amazing person. and he makes me feel like i have those qualities too.

i hope everyone else is lucky enough to have such a friend. and is also equally grateful.

Thanks for reading!
Lana

No comments:

Post a Comment