Friday, May 25, 2012

Getto Margaritas.

Today I am grateful for getto margaritas.

I know.

they were about as awful as they sound.

but after two or three, you don't really seem to notice anymore. they actually become ingenious. maybe.

How do i know this? Well, today after work The Marsh and I went to his parents for dinner. We arrived just in time to see his mom leaving. "Where are you going?" The Marsh asked. "To pick up some jose cuervo" she replied.....and in that moment. i knew it was going to be a good night.

of course, The Marsh's sister, Kristin, and I didn't wait for his mom to come home, so we started out making some horrible mixed drinks. i'm talking malibu and fruit punch. and some other weird green alcohol.

it felt a little bit like my freshman year of college all over again.

and then the jose showed up. with limes. everything we needed for margaritas! except, of course, an orange based liquor, because Kristin didn't realize she was out. so we used orange juice instead. no biggie.

I told you they were getto.

Kris and I had fun drinking them though. and alot of fun laughing about what geeks were are. and how much we really need to make time to go out dancing.

over all I would say it was a successful friday night. lots of music and laughing. and tequila. a girl really can't ask for more. so i'm grateful for my sister-in-law. for tequila fridays (or you know, tequila any days) and for getto margaritas.

Thanks for reading!
Lana

No comments:

Post a Comment