Thursday, May 17, 2012

Just Dance.

Today I am grateful for a few very special moments.

not for myself.

but for my dear friend, David.

This is him....


You may remember that I posted a few weeks ago about going to his and his beautiful wife, Alison's, wedding. I may have also mentioned that they were, in fact, already married because David's mom was very sick and they wanted to mke sure that they were married before anything happened to her. So last November, David and Alison had a very small ceremony with close friends and family so that his mom could be there.

and you know what? She was there for the big wedding too. She looked beautiful, I wouldn't have even guessed that she was even remotely sick. I can only begin to imagine how special it was for David to have his mom sitting there in the front row at his wedding when he once thought it might not be a possibility. and then there was the mother/son dance. if you can imagine, it was a little bit emotional. okay, so it was alot emotional. I was so happy for him, so glad that he had that amazing moment of dancing with his mom. on the happiest day of his life.

16 days later, David's mother passed away.

My heart seriously breaks for him. in to teeny tiny unimaginable pieces.

I'm so torn between being sad for him, and being so grateful for him that he got those few precious moments with his mom. I'm sure he feels the same way, happiness that she was there for such an important day in his life, heartbreak that she won't be there for all the rest of his happy moments.

but tonight I'm choosing to be grateful for him. that he had these last few months with her. that he had the last 25 years with her. that she held on to be there for his wedding. and that she is somewhere now watching over him and Alison both.

and I'm once again grateful that my parents and still both here for me to call and say "I love you" to if need be.

Thanks again for reading!
Lana

No comments:

Post a Comment