Saturday, February 11, 2012

Party. Karamu. Fiesta. Forever.

Today I am grateful for Tacos. and Tequila. and my Momma.

oh, and of course, Lionel Richie. For teaching me what a Karamu is.

But mostly I'm grateful for the tacos, tequila and Momma.

This is her.
Isn't she Lovely?

note to self : also grateful for Stevie Wonder.

Anyway!

My Momma sent me a text message earlier saying we should get together tonight. For what you may ask? Oh yes. Tacos and Tequila. Somewhere in the midst of the 1001 reasons why I love my family is because we have the need to spontaneously fiesta. It's a gift we all share. Thats why I married a Designated Driver.

So my saturday went from making homemade spaghetti sauce and drinking wine by myself to getting to have some good times at casa de Momma. and good times will be had by all. cause we rock like that.

I'm so grateful that my family is close. That we're not scattered all over the country and only get to see each other on special occasions. We love each other and care for each other. We're a little nutty. Dance to our own drummer. call it what you want.

We also tend to judge you if you don't belong to us. Sorry it's true. It just doesn't get much cooler than this. We feel bad for other families and all their "normalness"

But if being a normal family means never having a spontaneous fiesta or Karamu...well I can't even imagine such a thing! (thats right, I said Karamu again.)

So I'll continue to be grateful for Tacos. and tequila. and my Momma.

...and Lionel Richie

...and Stevie Wonder.

Thanks for reading!
Lana

No comments:

Post a Comment