Wednesday, February 22, 2012

But First....Coffee.

Today I am grateful for my Keurig Coffemaker.

Everyday I am grateful for my Keurig.

I bow down to you oh god of coffee

This is the greatest coffee maker in the world.

Ok, I'm sure there are some better ones out there. and I've never used a french press, which I'm sure would blow my mind.  But for me, right now, this is the greatest coffee maker in the world.

Obtaining this Keurig, however, wasn't very easy. When The Marsh and I first moved in together we didn't have a coffee maker, but I was a college student and worked in the mall right across from a starbucks. I always managed to get a cup of coffee so I wasn't worried about it. Then, following the advice of today's medical professionals I obstained from caffiene during my two pregnancies so coffee was out of the picture all together. After my daughter was born I began to ask The Marsh about getting a coffee maker.

And I wanted a Keurig. bad.  Sure we could have gotten a cheaper, regular coffeemate coffee maker but it just seemed like such a waste in the long run. As much as I like coffee, i don't drink a full pot everyday. So I would just be constantly dumping coffee out. But brewing coffee by the cup? Awesome. Awesome for me, and awesome for The Marsh who cringes at waste.

so he began to research coffee makers. and research. and research. How much research can one man do on coffee makers? a friggen lot apparently. First it was 'what options do we want when making our coffee?' did we want something that could make a latte? iced tea? iced coffee? Then it became a debate on brands? Did we go with the Keurig or it's single serve brewing rival The Tassimo. The benefit of the tassimo at the time was it was the only coffee maker that had a deal with starbucks. The Marsh knows I like starbucks and thought the starbucks t-disks was a huge plus. (Lucky for us Starbucks figured out where the party was at and now makes k-cups! Word!) and then it was just little stuff he couldn't decide on. Do we get it directly from keurig? or maybe bed, bath, and beyond with a 20% off coupon? This went on for months. The Marsh wasn't in a hurry. he believed coffee was for the weak.

Meanwhile at my house...

please someone bring me just one cup..

Finally black friday 2010 The Marsh agreed to just let me buy the keurig I wanted, the special edition, from sam's club. It still one of my favorite black friday purchases. It currently sits in my favorite corner of the kitchen, right next to a basket filled with k-cups, 2 bottles of jameson whiskey, one bottle of cointreau, a bottle of rasberry syrup, a bottle of white-chocolate syrup, and usually one bottle of tequila. my current bottle is right now MIA from my favorite corner, after accidently being left behind at my momma's.

Wouldn't that be your favorite corner in a kitchen too?

The positive thing about the keurig purchase is that now i can have coffee whenever i want. the negative? I kind of feel responsible for my husband's new found coffee addiction. His "coffee is for the weak" attitude has quickly morphed into a "my whole morning is fucked if I don't get a cup of caffeine into me as soon as humanly possible" attitude. I blame myself. I've even heard him say "The guy who invented the keurig should win the nobel peace prize." I agree. I don't even want to think about what life would be like if we had to wait for a full pot of coffee to brew in the morning.

it would be ugly.

So i'm grateful that there is no waiting. that I have my amazing keurig that gets me my coffee in about 60 seconds. it's the simple things in life, man. I'm telling ya.

Thanks for reading!
Lana

No comments:

Post a Comment