Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Epiphany.

Today I am grateful for an...Epiphany.

It happened while I was brushing my teeth.

What? You don't get epiphanies while brushing your teeth? I've had several. One involving Jacob Black and his imprinting ability. (yes. that was a Twilight reference. No. I am not ashamed.) If you ever do get one, be careful. you tend to choke. or drool.

so.

I had an epiphany.

I was thinking again this morning how grateful I was to have my green camera back in action. (my green camera is a Kodak Easyshare M532 ) It's my small take on the go camera. and it got me thinking about how much I miss using my black camera (which is a Kodak Easyshare Z1012 IS ) Its not the world's fanciest camera. but it takes very nice pictures. Thinking about how much I missed using it reminded me that I still have 400+ pictures from our most recent disney vacation that I still haven't uploaded to my computer. because out of the blue my computer stopped recognizing my black camera and won't let me connect it to upload my pictures. I'm blaming it on The Marsh's new video camera software. so for three months I've been horribly pissed at my computer for not recognizing my camera and not giving me access to my pictures...

....and here comes my epiphany. Why don't I just put my memory card in my green camera, that my computer does recognize, and get my pictures that way?

I know, Hermoine, I know.

I'm such an idiot. I even thought about taking my memory card out and bringing into a printing shop! Why wouldn't I think about putting it in my other camera!!??? seriously. double face palm.

but whether it took me three months or not to figure it out, I finally have. and I am SO GRATEFUL. because I have uploaded the pictures to my computer and now have access to my vacation pictures. and Brey's 4th birthday party pictures. these are my memories. and The Marsh's memories. and between you and me The Marsh's memory isn't that great. he could use some ginko biloba. I want to be able to look at these pictures whenever I want.... and remember..

When Little Miss struck up her pretty pose.
                                    
When Breyman got to hug his favorite character, Donald, at the Cape May Cafe
and when The Marsh added the 300th picture to our collection
of him kissing me on the cheek.
It's okay. You can make fun of me for not figuring it out sooner. I would make fun of me too. But...I've also complained about this problem to alot of tech saavy people too! and none of them came up with anything. Its one of those really obvious solutions, I guess. No one ever suggests it because OF COURSE you've already tried that.

gah. I can still hear Hermoine calling me an idiot. I KNOW!!

anyway. I'm grateful for my epiphany! yay pictures!

Thanks for reading!
Lana

No comments:

Post a Comment