Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Settled.

Today I am grateful to be settled.

with my husband.

and my babes.

in this house that we own.

Sure eveything isn't perfect yet. the wall are white. no pictures are hung up. even though we've lived here for like two years. there are still things that need to be done.

but there is no rush.

we're here.

My brother and his girlfriend are currently in the process of getting their first apartment together. and while all of this is exciting and I'm happy for them, there are stressful elements to it. how much rent can they afford? what town do they live in? how do they split the bills? do they need a large kitchen or is a small one okay? what color should things be? headboard? no headboard?

it sounds exhausting.

but then again, i have two toddlers.

i'm always exhausted.

the point is, however, that i've put in my time playing the apartment game. although i was EXTREMELY LUCKY and played the game for alot less years than most people. I'm very grateful to have owned my own home at 22. but i still had an apartment. and i still remember moving into my first one. and sleeping with The Marsh on a twin size mattress that was sitting on the floor because neither one of us owned a larger bed. and not owning a kitchen table for weeks. and our couch was my grandmama's loveseat from 1984. those were the days, right?

well actually. they kind of were. but for different reasons. personal and private The Marsh and Alana pre-marriage and babies reasons.

but I wouldn't go back now for anything. I enjoy knowing my forseeable future. it makes my soul happy. being so settled. and i'm always grateful for that.

Thanks for reading!
Lana

No comments:

Post a Comment