Sunday, June 24, 2012

Mama's Night Out.

Today I am grateful for my extremely fun night out last night.

Today, is my best friend Kristy's birthday. she also happens to be leaving for London tomorrow morning. so last night she had a big shindig in Boston as a combined birthday/going away party. I was lucky enough that The Marsh has the weekend off from work, so I kissed him and the babies goodbye for the night and headed out to the train station.

I met up with my Rachel, whom has been friends with Kristy since they were in high school, and she kept me company during the 2 and a half hour train ride. I'm grateful for that as well, as far as cool people go, Rachel is definately at the top.

Kristy and her boyfriend, Ken, just recently moved in together so it was also very exciting to see their new place for the first time. We ate some amazing cheese and drank a couple bottles of wine before we even made it out of the apartment. Then we met up with a bunch more people, i think there was a group of 13 of us? We went to the Sunset Cantina, which is basically a tequila bar. It was also amazing..I even managed to get the birthday girl to do a couple shots. The whole night was fantastic.

at one point during the night some chicks in pink shirts were going around the bar handing out free shots for some liquor they were selling. The alcohol turned out to be pretty gross (but hey, it was free) but they also were handing out these awesome cheap ass pink sunglasses for free as well. They actually totally made the night.

and then this happened with ken and rachel. we're total bad asses.


I literally woke up at 4:00 this morning like "what the hell is on my face?" because i actually wore them to sleep last night. yes. i am that cool.

We all had breakfast and coffee together this morning before Rachel and I grabbed the train back home. I was just a really great mini-trip over all and i was so thankful to see Kristy before she headed off to Europe for six weeks. It really was the perfect mama's night out.

I'm also grateful in advance for her safe flight and arrival. just in case the higher power up there just happens to be paying attention.

Thanks for reading!
Lana

No comments:

Post a Comment