Friday, June 15, 2012

Kidney Stones.

Today I am grateful for kidney stones.

crazy, right?

obviously not mine. I've had a kidney infection before that didn't involve a stone. i would rather suffer through the pain of child labor again.

just saying.

so who's kidney stones am i grateful for?

my father-in-law's.

on wednesday i got a call from my sister-in-law, Kristin, that her and The Marsh's dad was being taken to the hospital. again. he was experiencing a new kind of pain in his abdomen and nobody could explain what was going on. he arrived at the hospital, they did some tests, and then they pumped him full of pain killers. he spent the night in the hospital and everyone was super worried. and then...they pumped ALOT of fluid out of his abdomen. poor guy. I can't even begin to imagine how uncomfortable he was. I have no idea how he was even managing.

but..the good news in all of this is test results showed that they think the pain he was having a caused by a kidney stone. A freaking kidney stone?! It's always such a natural instinct to think that when there is something wrong with him it's because of the cancer. but sometimes, it's not even related. so while getting a kidney stone totally sucks, it wasn't anything to be totally worried about. and they released him from the hospital.

I'm grateful that that's all there was going on. poor guy needed to catch a break. I'm just sorry it happened in such a painful way.

Thanks for reading!
Lana

No comments:

Post a Comment