Saturday, June 9, 2012

Happy Birthday...and Happy Graduation.

Today I am grateful for a wonderful weekend.

and it's only Saturday.

how bout them apples?

I've still got more excellent weekend in front of me. (Those are the best kind of weekends aren't they?)

It's been such a wonderful weekend for two reasons.

Number 1. Friday was The Marsh's 29th birthday. and since you all know how much I love The Marsh, I obviously was happy to celebrate his birthday with him. For his birthday I bought him the original Star Wars triology on bluray. I'm extremely grateful he liked it. I mean, i know he loves Star Wars, but he is literally the hardest person in my life to shop for. and he isn't afraid to tell me if he doesn't like his present. so we'll consider this a year a win. I'm also extremely grateful that he has been willing to share his birthday weekend with my little sister, Emily, because today she graduated from high school. which brings me to..

Number 2. Today was Emily's graduation. I threw a graduation party for her and her good friend, Leighton, here at my house today. It was a pricess party.


They seemed to have a really great time. and it was an excellent turn out. AND the weather was absolutely beautiful. I'm so grateful that they had a wonderful day and were able to have fun and good food with friends and family on their special day.


Tomorrow is going to be another wonderful day, because we are actually going to celebrate The Marsh's birthday with his family, now that all the craziness of Emily's graduation is over. I would also like to take a moment to be extremely grateful to my mother-in-law, who is hosting it, because The Marsh isn't allowed to cook seafood at my house. and all he wanted for his birthday was some steamed clams.  She's a real life savor.

I hope everyone else out there is having an equally awesome weekend. and I hope for your sakes it's a little less busy than mine.

Thanks for reading!
Lana

No comments:

Post a Comment