Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Mouse Trap!

Today I am grateful to be rid of a mouse.

a mouse in a house, as Dr. Suess would say.

unfortunately for me, it was my house.

On Saturday night, my older sister was staying over after my younger sister's graduation. and in the middle of the night she knocked on my bedroom door and told me there was a mouse running around my kitchen. The Marsh went looking for it that night, but saw no signs of it anywhere.

Over the next few days I sort of forgot about it. there was no hint of there ever being a mouse around, and it certainly wasn't making it's presence known. but then this evening mr. breyman said "Look! a mouse!!!" of course we all turned and looked. but still, no mouse. The Marsh was starting to think that everyone was going crazy. hallucinating the mouse or something. so we went back to business as usual again. but then... again while brey was watching his cartoon he shouted "Daddy, it's a mouse! under the TV stand!" so The Marsh went over. but he still couldn't see anything. so he grabbed his trusty broom and started poking around under the tv. and wouldn't you know it? a mouse ran out.

this mouse was a tricky mouse too. he kept managing to run back and forth underneath my two different couches without being seen. he was super small and fast. his fur blended in really well with my carpet too. but he was no match for my trusty kitty cat. as soon as there was mouse confirmation I grabbed Temperence. He was a little confused at first, but once he actually saw the mouse? all over. The Marsh flushed the mouse out from under the tv again and temperence caught him. the hardest part was getting Tempe to let go of the mouse. but he finally did, and we trapped him in a bucket so that we could take him out of the house.

I'm extremely grateful that this little saga in our lives is over. of course, we do live in the woods, so i'm sure this isn't the last mouse we'll encounter. but at least this one is off running in the woods somewhere. maybe. I let tempe out at the same time and the last thing I saw was him running after the mouse in the dark. let the hunger games begin.

Thanks for reading!
Lana

No comments:

Post a Comment