Sunday, September 2, 2012

Wedding & Impromtu BBQ.

Woah... Still with me guys?

two days without blogging.

man i suck.

but to be fair, Friday I was just dead to the world..and last night I couldn't have typed if I tried.

but I have two reasons to be grateful today as a way to make up for it.

First I am grateful for my cousin Andrea's wedding,

Weddings are always a reason to be grateful right? They're all about love and positive feelings. Two people are starting a family or combining a family. It's the begining of an amazing journey that's about to take place for two people. it's a celebration of life.

my cousin's wedding was also one heck of a party. they rented out a camp for the weekend and it was just a great time. the venue was beautiful, the food was good, and the bar tender was heavy handed. I can't really think of a more amazing combination that that. plenty to be grateful for all around.

Second, I am grateful for impromtu BBQs.

My beautiful best friend, Kristy, was in town for the weekend before starting nursing scool next week and she texted me this morning about having a coffee date. So after having spent the afternoon together catching up she invited the kids and I to go out to her camp this evening after The Marsh got home from work to enjoy the lake a little bit. We decided it would be a great night for a cook out and when the hubs got home we headed out. The weather was so beautiful, if not just a little bit chilly, but that didn't stop B & G from getting their swimming suits on and jumping in the lake. The Marsh was a trooper and put his swimming trunks on and went into the water with them. I stayed on the porch with the food and the booze having already taken care of my swimming for the year last night at the wedding. (don't ask)

It was a great night with some yummy foods and alot of laughs. the best possible day you could have and the entire thing was done spontaneously. isn't that just the best? i'm telling you it is. so grateful. for the entire weekend just being amazing.

A great way to kick of the month of september, which just happens to be my favorite month of the year.

Thanks for reading!
Lana

No comments:

Post a Comment