Monday, September 17, 2012

LAME MOM SKILLS ARE LAME.

Today I am grateful that I managed to remember something just in time.

with The Marsh home from work today, my whole get Brey to school routine was completely thrown off.

I normally get him breakfast, let him play his Star Wars Legos game for awhile, then bathe him, then make him lunch, get his backpack and snack ready while he's eating lunch, then finish getting him dressed after he eats so as to not make a mess of his shirt.

I'm not normally a "strong" routine person. i don't have to do the same thing everyday to get stuff done. but it's certainly been helping with such a huge change up to our day with the breyman in school. obviously i didn't realize how important until today.

you see The Marsh made him breakfast, we both helped get him into the bath, The Marsh made lunch, and then I made sure his folder was in his backpack and got him dressed while Georgie and I talked about what we were going to do this afternoon while Brey was in school.

After getting Mr. Brey on the bus, The Marsh and I headed into town to hit up iparty and see what their costume selection looked like and also to get some more bagels at sams club.

so of course it wasn't until we were sufficiently away from Breyman and his school that I stopped dead in my tracks at iparty and looked at The Marsh with this completely horrified expression on my face.

I never put a snack in Brey's backpack.

WORST MOM EVER.

I almost stroked out right there. we still had an hour before Brey's snack time at 2:00, so we finished up quickly at iparty and then headed over to Sams Club to get bagels and see what we could find to bring Brey for a snack. A box of mini muffins is what we ended up going with, which works out because Brey is a huge fan of muffins.

so then we all climbed back in the car to get back to the school and drop off the snack. and of course we ended up behind the SLOWEST. DRIVER. EVER.

we managed to get there right as they were starting snack time. when I opened the door to the classroom i didn't even have to say anything, his teacher said "you must be here with Brey's snack!" because they already had looked in his backpack and couldn't find one. LAME!

I'm so grateful I remembered in time. I would have literally felt like the worst mom in the whole world if he hadn't ended up with a snack today. and i know it was just a mistake, an accident on my part, but the kid is completely dependent on me! I'm sure he wouldn't have understood why he didn't get a snack, he just wouldn't have had one.

it makes me sad to think about how close it came to actually happening.

so i will say again, I'm SOO GRATEFUL I REMEMBERED IN TIME.

Thanks for reading!
Lana

No comments:

Post a Comment