Friday, September 14, 2012

Every Penny Counts.

Today I am grateful that my husband is working overtime.

or i am telling myself that i am grateful that my husband is working overtime, hoping that if i say it to myself enough, i may actually start to believe it.

maybe.

this is me TRYING to be positive.

obviously. i'm writing a blog about trying to be grateful...so i'm constatly trying to see the positive in life lately.

and let me tell you, sometimes it ain't easy. sometimes it's down right hard.

On fridays, The Marsh and I always car pool together to work...it used to cause problems when The Marsh got ordered in to work a double, but it's literally been years since the last time that he got ordered, so i haven't worried much about it lately.

that's apparently when God decided I had gotten too comfortable.

The Marsh called me about 15 minutes before he normally picks me up from work to let me know he had been ordered and  would be up to get me, but then I had to drop him back off at work until midnight. (which he didn't even end up doing, our good friend Warren picked me up and brought me back to The Marsh's work so i could get the car, meaning i didn't even get a chance to see my husband.)

fun.

and it also means that when I have to pick him up at midnight, i have to drag my babes to his work with me. AT MIDNIGHT.

double fun.

so i was thinking to myself (like you do) "Alana, how can we turn this suckfest of an event into something positive?" and then i thought to myself.."well, he IS getting paid time and a half."

i suppose overtime isn't quite so bad when you know that you're getting paid more for it. and with our trip to florida coming up next month, every penny counts right?

and to be fair, i am completely used to The Marsh working overtime. he picks up extra shifts all the time. but it's a little different when he chooses them, not when he's ORDERED to them.

so tonight i'll just drink a cup of coffee and wait to go get my husband. and my kids will think i'm the coolest mom ever for not enforcing any type of bed time. PLUS i'm pretty sure being up so late will cause my babes to sleep in tomorrow morning.

double score for me! who wouldn't be grateful for an extra half hour of sleep on a saturday morning? i know i will be.

hopefully.

 maybe.

please?

Thanks for reading!
Lana


No comments:

Post a Comment