Monday, July 9, 2012

Whatever Floats Your Boat.

Today I am grateful to whomever the hell it was that thought adding ice cream to soda would be a good idea.

because it was.

definately the best. idea. ever.

I say "whomever the hell it was" because i tried googling that shit, but more than one dude is trying to take credit. and I don't like confrontation.

seriously. where did the idea come from? Was some guy like "damn it, this root beer isn't cold and i have no ice! but i do have ice cream!"? I dunno. but he's brilliant, i tell you.

now, I don't drink root beer floats. because that's just gross. but i have on occasion enjoyed a diet coke float. or an orange soda float. god. that sounds good right now too. it's like one big creamsicle float. OKAY. back on topic. so while i do enjoy them, i don't actually drink them very often. The Marsh is the big float drinker in this house, not me. I drink wine. but tonight i was craving something sweet. and The Marsh was kind enough to buy French Vanilla ice cream instead of Old Fashioned Vanilla (it seriously makes a difference, i'm telling you what) so i felt like it might be a good time to indulge.

oh my god.

it was so overdue.

and it was a Dr. Pepper float, no less.

I don't even like Dr. Pepper.

but this float? amazing.

okay, so it probably wasn't earth shattering or anything. just plain old fashioned delicious. but it was a fantastic ending to my night, after watching The Marsh burn a bunch more pine needles and using all the smoke as a bug force field so that we could eat a nice dinner out on the deck. A perfect ending to a long day.

And I'm always grateful for happy endings.

...wait, what?

Thanks for reading!
Lana

No comments:

Post a Comment