Sunday, July 29, 2012

Stargazers.

Today I am grateful for Stargazer Lillies.

They are absolutely without a doubt my favorite flower of all time.

and as of yesterday? I've got them blooming in my yard.


AHHH!

You have no idea how excited I am about this. I didn't transplant them. they are not in a pot. I grew them from bulbs. This feels like one of the greatest accomplishments of my life.



They are just so beautiful. They also happen to be the very first thing i ever planted after we bought our house. I actually planted them last spring, but they didn't make it up in time for the season, so this is the first time they've bloomed since I planted them over a year ago.

I'm so grateful they bloomed and are so beautiful. I just love looking at them and it gives my heart this weird kind of peace to know that they will continuously rebloom every year. i guess it just helps solidify in my mind that I own this house. and this land. and i won't be going anywhere else anytime soon. so every july for the next however many years I will be able to stand next to my fence and marvel at my beautiful stargazer lillies.




yea. i'm definately grateful for that.

Thanks for reading!
Lana

No comments:

Post a Comment