Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Happy Fourth of July.

Today I am grateful for some amazing family fun.

Today is Independence Day.

and while it's a day to celebrate the freedom that we have in this country, it's also become the day to eat BBQ, drink, and spend time with family. maybe take in a parade or watch the fireworks.

well, the local parade around here has sort of sucked big time lately, so The Marsh and I opted out of taking the kids to that sad madness, knowing that in a few weeks, the summer festivals will start and their parades are always better. and I'm not even sure if there are going to be fireworks tonight, because it's been raining for hours. BUT we did head over to my in-laws and spend the afternoon with them.

so here is what i'm grateful for today...

I'm grateful that B & G have reached an age where they will willingly let me take their picture together...


ADORABLE.

I'm grateful that my father-in-law was feeling well enough to come sit outside and enjoy the nice weather with us...


why yes, that is a mike's margarita in his hand.

I'm again grateful those freaking pink sunglasses I got in Boston a couple weekends ago...



although The Marsh gets all wigged out when he can't see my eyes. so he feels the need to lift them up when I take our picture.

I'm grateful for finding out what a pyro my mother-in-law obviously is...



yes. those are all sparklers. and such.

and I'm grateful that all of those resulted in this...



continuously trying to set the lawn on fire.

and I'm grateful for my sister-in-law trying to act as a human shield against the smoke....


because in this picture she looks like the biggest stoner ever. i got a good laugh about it.

so basically I'm grateful for the whole day. it was fun. there was music. and good food. and good drinks. and family. it never gets any better than that, does it?


Thanks for reading!
Lana



No comments:

Post a Comment