Thursday, July 12, 2012

Beach Day.

Today I am grateful for the BEAUTIFUL weather we had.

The Marsh was off from work and we took the babes to the beach.

They went crazy. running around in the sand. splashing in the water. picking up sea shells. generally tiring themselves out.

they fell asleep about 30 seconds after laying down for bed.

I'm grateful for that too.

I'm also grateful for my amazing beach umbrella and my snazzy new beach sun hat. because while all the sand castle building, water splashing, and sea shell collecting in the sunshine was going on, i was completely comfortable on my blanket in the shade reading a book. it was a beautiful thing. to sit on the beach and not feel like i'm going to die. or get third degree burns. or sun poisoning.

awesome.

of course this meant that The Marsh was on full punk #1 and punk #2 duty, as I was having a date with Robert Langdon. but he had fun chasing the babes around, and they always enjoy spending some time with dad. it was a win-win situation really.

But now it's time for bed for this girl, because obviously sitting on a shaded blanket, reading a good book next to the ocean is obviously hard work. and i'm tired.

OH! and i would also like to say that I'm completely grateful to live in a coastal state. because even though I really don't care for water and the ocean may or may not scare the crap out of me, i honestly couldn't imagine living some place where the ocean wasn't a short drive away. it blows my mind that there are people in the world who have never even seen the ocean outside of pictures and tv. so yea. I'm grateful for that too.

Thanks for reading!
Lana

No comments:

Post a Comment