Thursday, July 19, 2012

For Hire.

Today I am grateful for employment.

not for me.

although I am completely grateful for my job. it pays well, allows me to work only two days a week, and gives me social adult interaction. so yes, i'm grateful for my job.

but I'm grateful today for someone else being employed. Specifically? my sister emily. she's been trying to get a job for a while now, but of course the economy isn't exactly booming. especially around these parts. I know that she's been stressed since graduation about finding one and hasn't had much luck hearing back about anything.

BUT, last week she got a call for an interview.

and today? she got the call that she was being hired. the hours aren't bad and the pay is great. I'm really excited for her because she is currently in the process of trying to get her first apartment. this will certainly help.

and while I'm being grateful for one employed sibling, I should be grateful for another. my brother came home from the military about a year and a half ago. and because of said lack of booming economy, he hasn't had a steady job since.

BUT, a few weeks ago he also managed to get a good steady job as well.

 I'm happy for him. and I'm happy for her. and I'm also happy for my parents whom I am sure are breathing a little bit easier now that all of their children are currently employed again.

reasons to be grateful all around.

Thanks for reading!
Lana

No comments:

Post a Comment