Saturday, July 7, 2012

Killer Tofu.

Today I am grateful for Killer Tofu.

no.

this is not a food.

please tell me you know what killer tofu is...well, i guess if you weren't a child of the 90s you probably wouldn't know. and if that's the case, i feel bad for ya.

Killer Tofu is a song. by The Beets. Who are The Beets? They are a fictional band from the show Doug, that i used to watch everynight growing up.

Man. I loved that freaking show. and one of the best parts of that show, was this band (The Beets) that all the kids on the show were obsessed with. and the band had actual songs...like killer tofu. they also had other such memorable hits like Banging on a Trash Can and I Need More Allowance.

oh man. I'm seriously singing them all in my head like one giant mash up while writing this post.

now, i guess it seems a little silly, being grateful for a song by a fictional band, but it the song represents more than just that show, you know? I was standing in my kitchen chopping up onions when suddenly Killer Tofu just popped into my head. it was just there, and i couldn't stop singing it. I think part of the reason it came to mind was because my punks were watching The Rugrats Movie, and I used to watch Doug and Rugrats back to back when i was younger. I even remember that they were on at 7:00 and 7:30 at night, although I can't rememeber now which one came first.

but that's not really the point. the point is that for a few minutes it was nice to recall a time when life a little simpler. being a kid and lounging in the living room with my brother and sister to watch these silly shows every night before bed. and while i have NO DESIRE what so ever to go back in time and do all that madness over again, i'm occasionaly grateful for moments like today when all I want to do is sing Killer Tofu because it reminds me that being a child was once an awesome thing.

I also gratful to youtube for having said songs available to listen to. thank you technology for helping me rock out to The Beets how ever many years later.

Thanks for reading!
Lana

No comments:

Post a Comment