Sunday, November 4, 2012

Wi-Fi. Calling.

Today I am grateful for wi-fi calling.

you may remember a few weeks back that I was grateful to FINALLY get a new phone.

and trust me, I still am grateful.

but wi-fi calling? that was my whole reason for getting a new phone. better reception.

and when I got my new phone, the guy whom I purchased my phone from used my old sim card from my dinosaur phone to activate it. it made sense to me at the time, just switch over the sim and we're good to go. BUT when i got home and tried to use the wi-fi calling feature all I got was an ERROR message.

a fucking ERROR MESSAGE. on my brand new phone. telling me that I could not use the wi-fi calling feature on my phone because I needed an updated sim card. great.

and this all went down the day before I left for my trip to florida, meaning I had to wait until i came back to even deal with the situation. and then when we did get back from Florida life was just busy with halloween and everything and i just didn't have time to go back.

so here i was with my shiny new phone. and i still couldn't use it at my house.

GRRRRRRR!!!!!

BUT as you could probably tell because I am now grateful for wi-fi, i did actually go and get it done. and now instead of having horrible reception and having to walk around my house all rafiki like holding up my cell phone like it's a little baby simba or something, i can just use my wireless router as a cell tower.

(cue the gospel music)

it is amazing.

after living here for 2.5 years, it's wonderful to finally be able to actually have a phone conversation like a normal person. without dropping the call every 10 seconds.. it has completely lifted this burden off of me and reduced my stress level like woah. I wish i could fix every other problem in my life with wi-fi.

although, give it time. i'm sure there will be an app for that soon.

Thanks for reading!
Lana

No comments:

Post a Comment