Friday, November 16, 2012

Chrome.

Today I am grateful for Chrome.

Google Chrome.

I have a security blanket.

It's called Internet Explorer.

The problem with this security blanket? it sucks.

but it's like this drug that I just couldn't stop. except that it didn't particularly make me feel good either.

after months of frustration and slow moving internet and error after error after error I was reaching my limit. and during my latest Adobe Flash upgrade I accidentally also downloaded the Google Chrome browser.

Tonight I decided it couldn't hurt to give it a spin, just to see if the speed time was any different or if it would have the same trouble loading some images the way Internet Explorer has been.

It's so wonderful.

I think I may be over here actually crying tears of joy at how quickly my internet is loading again, and so far not a single failed image download.

this is a very beautiful thing, people.

and yes, I'm sure you are all probably cringing at the thought that I was still using Explorer, but I am perfectly able to admit that I am not the most tech savvy person on the planet. I never thought switching browsers would actually make any difference to me.

I think I was wrong.

remember this moment. I don't admit to being wrong often.

anyway, I'm just so grateful for that stupid accidental download. I'm grateful that i thought "hey what the hell" and decided to give Chrome a try. and I'm grateful to be slowly getting rid of my security blanket. I still haven't figured out half of this new browser so until then I'll keep explorer on standby, just in case.

Thanks for reading!
Lana

No comments:

Post a Comment