Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Running On Empty.

Today I am grateful for making it home.

before my car ran out of gas.

why didn't I just stop and get more gas, you say?

well. funny story.

So Georgie and I decided to run into town this afternoon to do some Christmas shopping for The Marsh, but I had to drop something off at my work first. I noticed on the drive over that my car was running low on gas, but I had enough to make it to my office and there is a gas station right across the street so I figured I would hit it up after leaving the office.

and then I reached my office, shut the car off and reached for my purse.

which wasn't there.

fuck.

So there Miss G and I were, 20 minutes from home. with no money. and not much gas.

to be fair, my mom (whom I work with so she was at the office) did offer to give me her card so I could get gas if I needed. but I wasn't quite on "E" yet, so i thought I just might make it home.

I tell you it was the most nerve wracking drive home there ever was.


Miss G didn't seem to think so.

but I did.

But since I already gave away the ending and told you that I made it home before I ran out of gas, we'll just leave it at this. I'm grateful I made it home. I'm grateful Miss G and I didn't find ourselves stuck on the side of the road while it was freaking snowing and i'm grateful that i didn't have to call anyone in a hysterical panic and have them bring me some gas.

I'm am not grateful, however, for being such an idiot in the first place and forgetting my purse, leaving me without money in the first place.

I'd love to say it was the first time this has happened. but it's not. so I guess live and learn isn't really appropriate. but and maybe live and live again and learn, perhaps?

lets hope so.

Thanks for reading!
Lana


No comments:

Post a Comment