Friday, April 20, 2012

Lunch Date.

Today I am grateful for my lunch date.

with my husband.

and it was a suprise date too. cause he's all adorable like that.


Obviously.

Anyway. I was actually having a great day at work. Don't you love days like that. when everything runs smoothly and everyone around you is in a good mood? That was work today. Very 'zen'like. Things are quiet in the office on fridays for the most part. it's usually just the crazies on the phone that fuck the day up. But today was just so peaceful. No crazies. no phones ringing off the hook. no co-workers in bad moods raining on eveyone else's parade. Just a quiet, happy work environment. Trust me, I'm grateful for that too.

and then at 12:03, right as I was thinking that I needed to go and get some lunch, The Marsh called and asked me if I wanted to have lunch with him. because he was cool enough to have the day off. I'd call him a loser for it, but I just got done telling you about what a great day I had at work today. so that would be silly. wouldn't it? Of course, I wanted to have lunch with him. and of course, I wanted him to buy my lunch and bring it to me, so that I didn't have to 1. pay for it myself and 2. drive anywhere to go get it. It made lunch even better. AND he brought me one of Subway's meatball and pepperoni subs. I'm so grateful I married this man. It's the little things, really.

After lunch, sitting back at work, one of my co-workers commented on how cute The Marsh and I were eating lunch together. The Marsh and I were outside eating at the picnic table away from everyone else, but we sat on the same side and occasionally held hands as we talked and ate. feel free to gag a little. we're so cute even my teeth hurt. I thought it was nice of him to comment on how cute we looked and once again I am so grateful to be in such a happy marriage. I love that I get excited about having a 30 minute lunch date with my husband. and I love that he misses me enough during the day to suprise me with a lunch date.

I hope everyone else managed to reach a zen-like state today! If you didn't, have two glasses of wine. It helps. or you know, have two glasses even if you did.

Happy Friday!

Thanks for reading!
Lana

No comments:

Post a Comment