Friday, April 27, 2012

Abracadabra.

Today i am grateful for magic.

Kitchen Magic.

If any of you out there have ever made any new baked good from scratch, i'm sure you know it can be trying. You're never quite sure if something is turning out the way it's suppose to because you've never made it before. There can be alot of guess work. and alot of faith. but I believe that a little bit of magic happens when working in the kitchen.

It's possibly my favorite moment when cooking. When you are looking at something in the mixer or on the stove top and you think "I've totally managed to fuck this up somehow." and then..the magic happens. it all comes together exactly the way it was suppose to. I'm sure this is actually the result of chemistry or physiology or some other science like reason. but I'm gonna go ahead and call it magic.

and I'm very grateful for that moment tonight while I was making some very special treats. I thought the whole thing was going to end in disaster, but alas I prevailed. (thanks in part to my mother in law who drove over to my house at 9:00 because I didn't realize I was out of sour cream)

I'd tell you all what I made, but they are a gift for a dear friend's birthday. I will, however, give you a clue...

Yes. This boozy baker has struck again.

Happy friday everyone. and if any of you are doing any baking, I wish you some kitchen magic.

Thanks for reading!
Lana

No comments:

Post a Comment