Friday, August 3, 2012

Pete and Repeat.

Today I am grateful for The Marsh.

and for my bedroom ceiling fan.

both of which i have been grateful for before. actually they are both things that i am grateful for everyday, but i've been grateful for both here on this blog before.

So why then am I posting about them again?

because last night when I crawled into bed at whatever time it was...11:30 or so, I had been laying there for about two minutes when I realized my fan wasn't spinning. even though I knew I turned it on.

So i calmly got out of bed and walked over to the switch and proceeded to turn it off and turn it back on again.

nothing happened.

now, I wouldn't exactly describe my reaction as "blind" rage because i could clearly fucking see the fan wasn't working. I was not impressed. So then i whined loud enough that The Marsh half woke up, pulled on the pulley string things a couple times and VOILA! the thing starts spinning.

So me being the awesome wife that i am, I told my husband thank you and let him know i was grateful for him and his ability to fix things for me. his response? "oh yea. i bet if i go read your blog right now it won't say how grateful you are that i fixed your fan or got the dishwasher to drain (long story)! and I was like "uhh no it won't, because i already wrote tonight's blog." and then he got all fake huffy and went to sleep.

SO TONIGHT! here i am being grateful for my husband who fixes things like my ceiling fan so that i am able to get some sleep at night. he's a rockstar. and i couldn't' imagine my life without him.

I'm also extremely grateful that my fan started again. because I really couldn't imagine my life without that either.

Thanks for reading!
Lana

No comments:

Post a Comment