Saturday, March 10, 2012

Wendy & Warren

Tonight i am grateful for my very good friends, Warren and Wendy.

You know how when you enter into a comitted relationship with someone you always end up getting more then just them? you get their stuff. you get their family. you get their friends.

Wendy and Warren were part of The Marsh's package. Warren and The Marsh have been best friends for years. Warren started dating Wendy when they were all in high school and they got married the year after graduation. so the three of them were friends well before I came into the picture.

I was nervous when I met them because I knew how much The Marsh cared about Warren, so I wanted him to like me. I also know that if the wife doesn't like you you're pretty much screwed, so I wanted Wendy to like me too. and lucky for me, they did. and I love them.

The Marsh and Warren had gotten out of touch for a couple years before I met The Marsh. One day when we were living in our apartment together before we got married, I got a message on myspace from wendy (who said she was warren) and said that they would really love to see him again. Their timing was perfect, The Marsh and I had just recently gotten engaged and I knew that The Marsh wanted to ask Warren to be a groomsmen, even if it had been a few years since he had seen them. and of course, Warren agreed, as The Marsh was his best man when he married Wendy.

Look at those two sexy beasts.

and while for some reasons that I won't get into right now Warren wasn't technically The Marsh's best man, he really was. He was there to help The Marsh decorate the hall, he gave a funny and very touching speech, and danced the night away with my baby sisters. He was everything the perfect best man should be. and I know when The Marsh thinks back to our wedding day he considers Warren his best man.

and Warren is even more awesome because he is married to Wendy. Its very rare for me to instantly like people. it's even more rare for people to instantly like me. I've accepted that and I'm okay with it. But I loved Wendy from the start. We just clicked. We love alot of the same people things. We hate alot of the same people things. We're a match made in heaven. So when my older sister got pregnant with a due date of the week before my wedding I knew that I needed to find another bridesmaid. and my mind instantly went to Wendy. even though I hadn't known her that long, I knew that I wanted her to share that special day with me, because I knew without a doubt that she wasn't going anywhere as a friend. we were both in this friendship for the long haul. having husbands who were best friends was just a perk.

I seriously love her. all my smiles were just a little
bit bigger in my pictures with her.

and so far so good. Warren and Wendy have been there for us whenever we have needed a friend. or two.

Like staying close by at The Marsh and Warren's 10 year class reunion because I had no idea who almost everyone was. and  they know that The Marsh and I will be there for them if they ever needed anything. Like staying close by at The Marsh and Warren's 10 year class reunion because unfortunately, Wendy did.

Wendy and I can obviously take or leave the boys.

When all of them get together and start talking about the old days it cracks me up. I love seeing The Marsh that happy and I feel bad that i can't relate to his high school war stories. The Marsh is almost 5 years older than me. Which isn't alot by any means. But sometimes the three of them start talking about how awesome a song was and there I am with a glazed blank expression on my face. because I don't have a freaking clue what they're talking about. Then they all make fun of me for being young. and I make fun of them for being old.

and tonight after an emotionally trying week for Warren and Wendy we all got together and went out to eat at a nice little Italian place downtown for some good food and lots of laughs. Then they came back to our house with us and spent some time playing and laughing with my babes. and getting overly excited about 90s music. It was soo much fun. and I hope it helped Warren and Wendy cheer up a little bit. Everyone has their own problems in life. But these two are just the sweetest people ever. I wish I could take all of them away. But since I can't, I'm grateful that The Marsh and I were at least able to give them a fun night without any worries. and I know that they would do the same for us.

They are wonderful people. and even more wonderful friends. and I'm grateful for that.

Thanks for reading!
Lana

No comments:

Post a Comment