Monday, March 26, 2012

Hodge Podge.

Today I am grateful for many things.

okay, maybe many is over doing it a bit.

Today I am grateful for a few things.

besides the obvious living, breathing sorts of things....

Lets see....

#1. I am grateful that the homemade meatballs I made today came out pretty damn good. I've never made meatballs from scratch before. It was suprisingly easy. I am giving myself very large pats on the back. I just used PW's recipe with a few variations. I didn't have parmesan cheese on hand, so I used mozzarella cheese instead. I didn't have fresh herbs either, so I just used an italian dry blend. It all worked out very nicely. Oh, I didn't use her sauce recipe this time, although I usually do, so in the future I would have made more sauce. It all cooked down so there wasn't very much extra other than what was on the meatballs. I will still be keeping this meal in the mental "win" column I have going on in my head for kitchen endeavors.

#2. I am grateful that there was enough wine left in the bottle for one last glass. It's a very nice bottle of Malbec that I managed to stretch out over the last three days. mostly because I still had some Cab Sav left on saturday when I picked up the bottle of Malbec. Either way I was grateful to have a glass to go with my delicious meatballs. and I am grateful that I remained outwardly calm when The Marsh said "Hey, do you want to share the last glass of wine with me?" Umm no. but I said yes. because I am an amazing wife. I am also grateful that when he said share he meant he was gonna take two sips and be done. The fact that I kept one hand on the wine glass while I was eating may or may not have effected his decision.



#3. I am grateful for Leonard Nimoy. and his amazing portrayal of Mr. Spock. whom I love. If I had to choose between Captain Kirk and Mr. Spock, I would be Captain Kirk (who wouldn't) and I would keep Mr. Spock as my second in command for always. so I am grateful today, on Leonard Nimoy's 81st birthday, for the wonderful character he managed to bring to life. I was watching the Big Bang Theory the other day, and when the guys managed to convince Sheldon to join their physics bowl by quoting Spock's dying words at the end of The Wrath of Khan, I knew they were playing dirty. I mean, come on! Who can say no to that! "The needs of the many out weigh.." and Kirk says "the needs of the few..." and then back to Spock who says "or the one.." I get choked up just thinking about it. fighting dirty indeed.


#4/#5. I am grateful after a week I finally got my ihome power cord back from my mom's house. cooking dinner is just not the same without bon jovi. and who wants to wash dishes without Lady Gaga? Not this girl. I am also grateful that I bought a pretty new spring dress last friday. and I'm going to wear it to work tomorrow. why am I grateful for that? because it means it's spring, of course.
You know what meatballs, wine, mr. spock, music, a pretty dress, and spring have in common? they make me happy. and in my house, everyone is always grateful for that.

Thanks for reading!
Lana

No comments:

Post a Comment