Wednesday, August 15, 2012

We're Still Not Talking About It

Today I am grateful that I can see the floor in my kids classroom again.

Yes. I have a classroom in my house.

No. I don't plan to homeschool my children.

The Marsh and I just have a firm belief that the babes should have an educational space in the house. it's alot easier to concentrate on learning when there aren't 15,000 toys to distract them from it.

No. That wasn't an exaggeration.

Yes. My children really do have 15,000 toys.

I know. I have counted them repeatedly as i pick them up.

So why am I so grateful to see the floor again? well, if you hadn't noticed its sort of been summer. So most if not all classroom activity has sort of consisted of Miss G going in there and tearing shit apart. I'm seriously amazed at how much damage one little person can do. and since it's getting closer to fall I figured it was time to suck it up and get everything in shape for the coming school year, so it's all ready to go for Georgie.
.
.
.
.
.
.
because Brey is actually going to school this year, so Georgie is the one who will most likely be getting the most use out of it this year.

but we're not talking about it.

about how my baby boy is going to be going to school.

riding the god damn bus.

spending time away from me.

leaving me alone with arch nemesis numero uno.

in like two weeks.

NOPE.

In theory I am actually okay with all of this happening.

but for the next two weeks i am firmly placing it at the back of my mind.

I'm incapable of handling this information.

So even as it gets closer and I keep getting ready for school mode by cleaning up and trying to get the kids wrangled into bed at an earlier time,  i won't be discussing why i am carrying out those tasks.

because you know, we're not talking about it.

So tonight I am just grateful that the classroom is clean again. for absolutely no reason what so ever.

Thanks for reading!
Lana

No comments:

Post a Comment