Thursday, August 23, 2012

Motivation.

Today I am grateful for motivation.

Last summer, I kicked my own ass in order to run a half marathon.

it was exhausting. and at one point i thought cutting off my leg would actually help it hurt less, but i sucked it up and did it. i was also doing a lot of yoga in order to cross train on my off days from running.

and while i wasn't a super skinny super model or anything, i was in decent shape.

then, after my marathon, i decided to give myself a little break.

my body hurt.

my legs hurt.

I kept up running here and there, but nothing like i was doing last summer.

and then I noticed that my pants weren't fitting quite as nicely anymore. and saw a picture of myself sitting down.

my little break needed to be over like two months ago.

but, i'm finally feeling motivated again, and so i'm grateful for that.

right now i have no immediate race plans, so i don't think i'll be working out on such a grueling level, but i have planned out a running and yoga regiment for at least the next 30 days to get back into the feels of things.

I'm grateful this bout of motivation came when it did, i would hate to think what i would look like if i let it go even a couple more months.

I don't even want to think about it.

Thanks for reading!
Lana

No comments:

Post a Comment