Wednesday, August 8, 2012

$4.53

Today I am grateful for $4.53

really.

You see today I had to yet again pick up a prescription at the pharmacy.

and yes, I am perfectly fine, for the most part. nothing too crazy to worry about. and hopefully this newest medication will help.

anyway.

Going to the pharmacy generally sucks. I don't have any health insurance and I always feel like a trip to the pharmacy is the equivalent of playing drug company russian roulette. sometimes the prices are slightly terrifying.

but today when checking out the lady said "That will be $4.53" I actually had to repeat it back her to make sure i understood what she was saying. and because she said it as "four fifty-three" without any mention of dollars and cents, even my brother was like "as in four dollars and fifty-three cents!"

we were both pretty shocked.

which is, of course, sad that we were so pleasantly suprised to actually get medication for an affordable price sans insurance. but i was grateful for it today. between trying to get the breyman some school clothes, saving for disney, and the unexpected expense of having to go to the doctor's office yet again, i was especially glad to get some sort of a break at the pharmacy drive-thru.

Sometimes it's the little things that help make the day just a bit better.

$4.53 worth of little things.

also, I'm grateful that the medication i had to take concisted of just one pill and it wasn't even that big. here's hoping that it's one powerful little pill.

Thanks for reading!
Lana

No comments:

Post a Comment