Saturday, August 18, 2012

Movie. Books. Park.

Today I am grateful for an awesome day.

My sister and my niece are up for the weekend and we decided last night that we wanted to do something fun with them today. We decided that going to the park sounded like an excellent plan and let the kids know last night what we would be doing today.

and then we woke up this morning to the sound of down pouring rain.

that sort of crippled the plan of heading off to the park.

So after a quick online search i discovered that Ice Age: Continental Drift was still playing in the movie theaters. after giving myself the pep talk of the century i determined that between my sister and i we should be able to wrangle the babes and get them to behave and sit through a movie. they actually did very well, only one bathroom break and all three went at once. much better than the last time The Marsh and I took the babes and they took 3 bathroom breaks. A PIECE.

after the movie the sky was still just a tad gloomy so we headed over to Barnes and Noble. $35.00 later i am unsure if it was the wisest decision. but brey got an awsome Transformers book and G got a new princess pop up book. I also grabbed another disney book, this time Cinderella. The Marsh and I have slowly been buiding up a collection of these particular books so it was nice to grab another one. I also managed to get a nice hard copy version of King Arthur and His Mighty Knights. I'm so stoked to be able to start reading the King Arthur stories to the kids. probably more excited than they are. but I like to think it will grow on them.

After leaving Barnes and Noble, the sky was absolutely beautiful. Blue and Sunny. It seemed that we were going to get our chance to go to the park after all.

The kids had such a great day, and even though they have great days often, I always like to appreciate the fact that I am able to give them great days. I'm grateful that I don't work all the time and can take the to the movies on a whim. I'm also grateful that (for the most part) I wasn't completely crazy about the cost of taking them to the movies and book store. and I'm grateful that we live in a nice town that has a little park that the kids can play at without me overly worrying about something happening to them. I'm grateful to give them this life that is fun and carefree.

We also had tuna noodle casserole for dinner. so I am just generally grateful for that at the moment too.

Thanks for reading!
Lana

No comments:

Post a Comment