Saturday, March 24, 2012

Weekend Bliss.

Today I am grateful for the weekend.

Because this weekend is being spent with The Marsh and my babes.

and yes, I do spend every weekend with The Marsh and my babes. but this weekend? The Marsh isn't working. I blogged a few weeks ago about The Marsh switching up his work schedule for a little bit and one of the perks from this is the occasional weekend off. and this was our first weekend to really enjoy it.

Sure, he was home last weekend. but it was St. Patrick's Day. and my sister spent the weekend with us. and we had a party. and we had alot of fun.

Obviously.

But it wasn't that quiet, family oriented weekend we were looking foward to. This weekend is.

The morning started off with the babes coming into our room and demanding The Marsh get up and make them breakfast. (this is only something they do when he is home. They associate me with cereal) I enjoyed a few extra minutes of sleep that I'm not normally lucky enough to get. and then I got up and enjoyed an equally quiet cup of coffee because the babes and The Marsh went outside to play. on a saturday morning! this is big stuff in our house. Eventually everyone came back inside and B & G enjoyed a movie while The Marsh and I began planning our veggie garden. or I guess started planning our two small vegtable garden beds and various potted pepper plants is more accurate.

We then went to Sams Club. which happens to be one of my favorite places. for various reasons. (note to self: be grateful for sams club.) and after leaving sams club with my brand new beach umbrella, we went to Dairy Queen for some ice cream. the babes got vanilla cones and The Marsh and I got blizzards because they were buy one get one for .99 cents. (note to self: be grateful for BOGO) We did some more quick grocery shopping then headed home. The Marsh and the babes stayed outside to play ball for a while and I reorganized my pantry. which I've convinced myself totally counts as my spring cleaning for the season. We had a light dinner. The Marsh and Brey played some Dragon Quest while George played Disney Jr. online. I read my new issue of Better Homes and Gardens. because I'm such a badass, of course. I did have a glass of wine while I read it though. Does that make me more of a 40 year old woman or less??

anyway, i'm sure this doesn't sound very exciting. and you know why? because it's something alot of other families do EVERY single weekend. but we don't. The Marsh and I have one day off together usually. and it's Monday. sounds awesome, right?

So today I am grateful for our average family saturday. and the best part is that the weekend isn't over. I get to do it all over again tomorrow. and I'm grateful for that too.

No comments:

Post a Comment