Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Savvy Shopper.

Today I am grateful for a dress.

not just any dress. a beautiful dress.

not just a beautiful dress, but a perfectly fitting beautiful dress.

not just a perfectly fitting beautiful dress, but an INEXPENSIVE perfectly fitting beautiful dress.

not just a...ok ok. I think you may get my point. I'm grateful for a dress, jeez.

but not just any dre...OK! I'm really done now! maybe.

Anyway, this afternoon when I was doing some quick shopping to pick up 8 different t-shirts to decorate for my family to wear at a certain shindig coming up this weekend (more on that to come later) I decided to stop in to Dress Barn for some quick browsing.

You see I have this very awesome friend named David. and next month The Marsh and I are headed to Boston to see him marry his very beautiful wife, Alison. yes, I said wife. David and Alison were technically married in a small ceremony last November. Next month is going to be what I like to call "The Main Event". (more on that to come later, too).

My point, ladies and gentlemen is that I need a dress. correction, I needed a dress. because today I found THE dress. It's a very pretty steel grey color and is relatively simple, but still has enough detail to be interesting. perfect. what makes this dress even more perfect? The price tag. The original price for the dress was $69.99. and to be fair thats really not a horrible price. but this dress in all of it's awesomeness was on clearance. for 60% off. WORD. I tried to find a picture of it on the website to post here, but it's not on there anymore. after trying it on to make sure this little piece of heaven would actually fit (and it did. perfectly!!) I took that bad boy up to the register with purpose. "Yes, I would like to buy this dress. No, I'm not even one iota worried about whether or not The Marsh will be pissed about an impulse purchase." I know, I'm such a bad ass. The sales lady, looking super impressed with my confident self i might add, rung me up and said that will be $29 please. 29 dollars. It makes me tear up just thinking about it...

I know it sounds silly to get so excited about a dress being on sale, but making this trip to Boston isn't going to be without its costs. don't misunderstand me, it's money I'm more than willing to spend. I met David when I was 17 and still consider him to be one of my favorite people. and not only did he make it up to my wedding, he ended up DJing it when ours fell through. He still tells me he is going to make me DJ his. I'm glad Alison has enough sense to know that this would be very bad. Anyway, we're driving 3 and 1/2 hours both ways. so there's gas money. we have to pay for parking in the city. and we've managed to snag a room at the hotel the wedding is taking place at. and even though we got it for a special rate, this place is SUPER nice. Super nice and inexpensive don't often hold hands. plus we have to get The Marsh a suit. which he is kind of over due for anyway. So yea, I'm grateful knowing I managed to snag a beautiful dress with out spending a pretty on it.

and not just any beautiful dre...ALRIGHT! I'm really done.....maybe

Thanks for reading!
Lana

No comments:

Post a Comment