Friday, March 16, 2012

Penmanship.

Today I am grateful for penmanship.

or good penmanship, rather.

Growing up I've always have good handwriting. and I've always kind of taken it in stride. Some people have good handwriting and some people have bad handwriting. thats just how the world works.

but what I didn't realize is that ability to write well really comes in handy when you have to paint words. like on nine different T-shirts.

My family and I all decided we wanted cheesy (and somewhat inappropriate) St. Patrick's Day t-shirts. and rather than spend a ton of money ordering them we decided to just get a bunch of plain green and white shirts to paint phrases on. I didn't buy any extra tshirts, so the need to not fuck them up was important. I was really nervous on the first one. My little sister, Emily, suggested trying to stencil the words out in pencil ahead of time. you know, before painting and realizing something won't fit. It was a very very good idea. but by the end of it I wasn't pre-writing anything anymore. I just sort of got the hang of it. and I'm glad that the letters look nice.

The Marsh came home last night after I had painted the first five and told me how impressed he was with my steady hand at painting. He gives me credit for having a creative gene. and while I think that I am creative in many ways, I am honestly chalking this win up to great penmanship, because i don't think I could have painted the letters so nice or so well without it.

so even though I've always been glad to have pretty handwriting, I'm taking a moment to be grateful that I have such nice handwriting because it means I didn't screw up all our party t-shirts for tomorrow. However, my hands would like to let you know that they are completely UNgrateful, because they had to paint all nine t-shirts by themself.

Oh, and I'll be sure to post some pictures of said shirts after our little party tomorrow night. Woot!

Thanks for reading!
Lana

No comments:

Post a Comment