Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Non-Stop.

Today I am grateful for My father-in-law.

He just called up The Marsh and said he found some reasonably priced airfare to Florida for October.

and it's for non-stop flights.

This may or may not be my emotional reaction to
such blessed news.

A few weeks ago after a positive conversation with his dad about his chemo, The Marsh said to me. "I think we should think about going back to disney. You mentioned Kris wanted to go to the food and wine festival right?"  and inside my mind i was like HECK YES! Food and Wine festival here I come!! but the shock of hearing my normally super frugal husband utter such words only a few short months after our last trip had me proceeding with caution. I didn't want to scare him off. "You mean, like this year? as in October 2012?" and The Marsh says the most beautiful word a woman can here. "Yes." The above picture also portrays my emotional reaction that day.

and even though I have told you all how much I love The Happiest Place on Earth, there is one teeny tiny problem.

I HATE FLYING.

Oh yes I do. Ok, so I am generally ok once we're up in the air if I can convince myself not to think too much about it. But the take off and the landing? HELL. When we flew down last december we opted to buy the tickets that had a layover in JFK for a couple different reasons.
1. It was cheaper. and we had 4 tickets to buy this time because my children were coming down too.
2. It was my children's first time flying, so a stop half way through would be nice in case they didn't handle it well.

Good reasons aside, I was dreading that flight. My sister Kris and I hit the bar in the airport before getting on the plane. she doesn't like to fly either. and yes, it was 10:30 in the morning.

 My babes thought flying was awesome. they weren't phased at all.

Georgie just chillin' on the plane. No Biggie.

and even though the layover went smoothly and the plane ride was fine, when Kris and I found out our return flight was non-stop can you guess our emotional reaction?

Praise Jesus!

Up until now the plans for Disney in October have been wishy washy.  We really wanted to go and have another trip down in florida with The Marsh's parents. but we wanted to make sure his dad was feeling up to the trip. Tonight when The Marsh's parents came for a quick visit with the babes, we discussed dates and resorts. about 45 minutes to an hour after they left Bob called with the flight information. I had already said to The Marsh earlier in the night that we'll probably have to stop in JFK again to get a decent priced flight. (all the while secretly wishing there was some way to fly non-stop) But Bob managed to find decent priced flights while still getting non-stop. I'm so grateful. and surely I would be grateful even if they weren't non-stop, because hey, I'm headed on vacation. What's not to be grateful for?? But you know, they are, so I might as well be freaking excited about it!

The Marsh told his Dad to book em. and his Dad said he already had. so now my plans aren't so wishy washy. Which means I'm going back to Disney in 7 months. Heck YES! I'm grateful for that too.

Thanks for reading!
Lana

No comments:

Post a Comment