Monday, March 19, 2012

Creeper Part 2.

Today I am grateful that I love my daughter so much.

and my cat so much.

because they were both nice enough to present me with ticks this afternoon. I'm pretty sure this is some kind of cosmic jinx. the world is all 'oh so you aren't bothered by the bugs around your house?' BAM! bugs to the max!

ok, so it's pretty unlikely the world has it out for me. but today I had ants crawling on me, had to kill 2 spiders (once was to save my son, who DOES NOT like spiders) and, as previously mentioned, presented two ticks.

BLECK!

Tick incident #1 happened this afternoon while I was eating my lunch. The babes and I came inside from playing to eat some food. and after the babes finished, there i was, blissfully unaware as I ate my soup the grossness that was about to occur. Miss Georgie walked right up to me as innocent as can be and said "Mama, I have a present for you!" and then she stuck out her hand. charmed by her cuteness I opened up my hand and in it she placed a tick. not just any tick. but a fully engorged tick.

DOUBLE BLECK!

it was my love for her that saved me from throwing it back at her. to be fair, she didn't really know what she was handing me. I screamed like a little bitch kept myself calm and collected as to not scare the day lights out of her. then I wrapped the fucker up in a paper towel and smooshed it. I'm pretty sure "smooshed" is the technical term for it. I looked my children over carefully but it doesn't appear to have come from them. I'm sure it was on Tempe, and then when it got so full of blood (TRIPLE BLECK!) it dropped off. Its not the first time its happened. nor the second. and unfortunately it won't be the last.

which brings me to the love i have for my cat. which allowed me to pull ANOTHER tick out of the back of his neck tonight when he came inside for dinner. because even though I can admit that the bugs around here aren't too too bad, that does not in any way shape or form make me a bug person. but like all the other gross things you have to deal with when parenting, I take one for the team and get the bugs off my kitty instead of making him wait for The Marsh to get home.

If it was anyone other than my daughter or my son (and to be fair last summer I actually made my brother take a tick off my son) or my cat, all of whom I love so dearly, I think I would have gone just a little bit insane by all the creepy creepers today. so I'm grateful i managed to get through it like a good mom. with only one or two girly screams.

and world? I've got my eyes on you.

Thanks for reading!
Lana

No comments:

Post a Comment