Friday, January 11, 2013

There's A Possibility.

Today I am grateful for a possibility.

As I've previously stated, I venture out of my cave twice a week to the land of grown ups and work at a dental office. we're a good size office and have lots of patients, and because we're one of the few offices actually accepting new patients around here, we get lots of calls or the occasional walk in by people who are looking to establish with us. today at work two people walked in the office for this very purpose.

and let me tell you, they had to be the cutest older couple i have seen in a long time.

that alone is a big deal for me. to admit to thinking an older couple is cute. i'm not a huge fan of old people to begin with. i know, i know. that's awful, right? well i just can't help it. i have pretty strawberry blonde hair (and a ton of modesty, obviously) and every old person within a ten mile radius used to touch my hair and tell my mother how pretty it was when i was little. i'm traumatized, people. post traumatic old people disorder. it's a thing.

anyway.

they walked in together to get scheduled for their appointments and i could just tell right away that they were going to be a pleasure to have in the office. they were adorable with each other. the husband was funny and had a hard time remembering things, and when the wife started to forget something she told him to get away from her because he was contagious. too funny. and even though they happened to walk in while we were kind of busy and there was a lot going on, i was still totally fine taking all the time i needed to in order to schedule them.

and after helping them with their appointment times and then wishing them a good weekend and watching them head out the door, all i could think was "I hope that's The Marsh and I someday." and i really do. i want us to be that old couple who goes to their dental appointments together and can still laugh and make fun when we're in our 70s. I want to be with him for the next 50 years and still look at him the way these two looked at each other.

and you know what? we may very well have that. there is a very real possibility that The Marsh and I will be that adorable couple. we have an incredibly strong marriage. and even though i think my husband is the most handsome man on the planet, it's the fact that he makes me laugh the way he does that is why i really fell in love with him. and he's the kind of funny that i don't see stopping anytime in the next 50 years. that'll be us standing somewhere trying to make an appointment for something and he'll be cracking jokes and i'll be laughing. and the receptionists will either think we're completely ridiculous or will be like me now, and hope that she has something as special as that someday too.

either way, i'm grateful for the possibility.

Thanks for reading!
Lana

No comments:

Post a Comment