Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Lessons Learned.

Today I am grateful for ....well let's call it lessons learned.

last night I learned a very valuable lesson.

don't drink gin.

ever again.

it was pretty horrific. and i've spent all day long today paying for it today. but this is a blog about seeing the positive, even in the bad. so i'm going to say the positive side is that now i know i shouldn't drink gin. and at least i was at my mom's house with family..as opposed to finding this out in a foreign country whilst being the responsible adult.

okay, i know what you're thinking. responsible adults shouldn't be drinking that much anyway. but let me tell you, i didn't even really drink that much last night. there was absolutely no reason for me to have been that sick. my mom actually wonders if i may be allergic to gin. it's a good theory. The Marsh told me this morning that he couldn't get over how sick I was because he knew that i had only had a few drinks.

but the worst has seemed for pass finally.

I'm grateful that tonight i finally managed to eat some food without it coming back up. and i'm grateful that my head no longer feels like it's going to explode.

side note: I'm also amazingly grateful for my husband. i know, i know. i'm always grateful for The Marsh. but he was seriously a trooper with me today. he could have just been a jerk and said this was all my fault, but he was very sweet and understanding. he shampooed my hair for me when i needed him to and he even puts socks on my feet for me because my toes were cold. is he a keeper or what?

anyway, i'm hoping that the rest of 2013 ends up treating me a little bit better than today did. I would say that I hope it isn't a sign of things to come..the feeling miserable part, that is. but feeling sick aside, i spent the night with my awesome family and was reminded again today how amazing my husband is. so to be fair, i guess 2013 didn't start off too bad after all.

Thanks for reading!
Lana

No comments:

Post a Comment