Monday, January 14, 2013

January Thaw.

Today I am grateful for the January Thaw.

I don't know about the rest of New England, but i know around these parts come mid-janauary, we usually have what's called a January thaw. and that's when suddenly in the middle of freaking winter you wake up one morning and it's 50 degrees outside.

that morning was today my friends.

50 degrees, the sun was shining, the snow was melting. it was beautiful. and it definitely felt like April and not January. when The Marsh and I went to the grocery store this afternoon he actually had the window rolled down. and he had to stop himself from buying meat to cook on the grill.

I took advantage of the beautiful weather by heading out for a four mile run this afternoon while The Marsh was home with the babes. it was wonderful because 1. it was light outside. and 2. because it was 50 freaking degrees. oh and also because i got to bust out my new running jacket that I told you all The Marsh bought me as a belated Christmas present. it's a pretty light weight jacket, definitely for spring or early fall. so i was grateful for the opportunity to rock it today on my run.

Isn't it lovely? I'm just loving the orange

I guess the one thing I'm not grateful for is how temporary this is all going to be. 

like just today temporary. 

unless the weatherman is wrong, which i guess could be a real possibility, the forecast for the rest of the week is maybe high 30s tomorrow and then back to the 20s for the rest of the week.

le sigh.

at least we had today right? i'll stick to being grateful for that.

Thanks for reading!
Lana


No comments:

Post a Comment