Saturday, January 5, 2013

Party On Wayne.

Today I am grateful for our amazing family.

and by "our" I mean The Marsh and mine.

we had Georgiana's birthday party today.

We never do anything overly big for the kids birthdays, it's harder to when they both have late fall/winter birthdays that fall around the holidays. but we usually have both sets of parents and all our siblings over. my niece is usually here as well.

it's always a lovely little gathering. with some laughs and pizza. i mean what more could you really want in life?

I love that my kids are growing up next to their grandparents and aunts and uncle. I love that they are surrounded by family and know how much they are loved. I'm grateful that they are only just a few minutes away, even though in the winter months i always second guess our reasons for staying in this god forsaken state.

and mostly I'm grateful that everyone is close enough to deal with the fact that The Marsh and I never have our shit together in advance and generally just say "hey, G's birthday is tomorrow, you gonna be around?" We're kind of a pain in the ass like that, so them being five minutes away really helps on such occasions.

that and the fact that we're always ready for a party.

Thanks for reading!
Lana

No comments:

Post a Comment