Sunday, January 27, 2013

The Plague.

Today I am grateful for a silly little movie.

you see, my house has come down with The Plague.

and yes, you should have read "The Plague" in a very deep dramatic voice. because that's how one should always say and read "The Plague" it's a rule.

anyway. as I was saying. My home is currently harboring some pretty horrid germs. It started off as mentioned the other day with Mr. Breyman having a fever and an awful cough. and while his fever isn't nearly as bad, his cough is still hanging on for dear life. and now he has some serious green nastiness coming out of his nose as well. and since he's such a good big brother and loves to share with his sister...now Little Miss is coming down with it too. She hasn't been quite as bad in the fever department. a little acetaminophen and she cools down. but her sore throat came on really fast, and she is already talking with a scratchy voice, coughing, and skipped right to the whole gross green nose stuff. i think the two of them may have gone through a roll of toilet paper all by themselves just blowing their noses today. and trying to keep track of when who took what medicine? it's tons of fun.

to be fair, i guess it could be worse. they haven't seem to have come down with their father's flair for the dramatic when they're sick yet (dear god, that man claims to be dying when he has a sniffle) so they aren't being generally miserable about the whole thing. but i can tell they're uncomfortable. and i worry about them not feeling well. but i tell you what, i think it's just as exhausting if not more being a parent to a sick child (or in my case two) then when you are actually sick yourself. This whole thing started on Wednesday night, where i got pretty much no sleep, my mom had the kids on Thursday night so i didn't have to worry about them. but even going to bed early i never managed to catch up on enough sleep and still felt exhausted Friday morning for work. I went to bed fairly early on Friday and Saturday nights, but i am still tired. i'm not getting very much sleep because every time Brey has a coughing fit i wake up and have a mini panic attack waiting for him to be okay. also, apparently i have a built in alarm clock that allows me to wake up in the middle of the night right when they are just about ready for another dose of meds. that's gotta be a super special mom super power. cause if i needed to wake up in the middle of the night to take meds i would probably sleep through it every time.

so where does the silly little movie fit into all this? well this afternoon as the babes and i were surrounded by crumpled up tissues and half used bottles of medicine, the kids decided to chill out under their covers and watch Rugrats for a few hours. thus giving me a chance to chill out on the couch and watch a movie. as I was browsing through the watch instantly section of Netflix, a movie caught my eye. okay so the fact that David Tennant was on the cover could be what caught my eye, but that's neither here nor there. the point is, my interest was peaked and then I proceeded to watch.

and I'm so grateful I did. It really was just a silly little romantic comedy called The Decoy Bride, but it made me laugh. and it made me smile. and it broke my heart just a little bit. and it did all the silly cliche things to me that romantic comedies are suppose to. and it was just nice. it was a nice little break from The Plague (deep voice, i'm telling you) that is going on. it was a nice little break from feeling exhausted and worried. and I got to stare at David Tennant for a couple hours. so I mean what wasn't there to be grateful for? for me today was a perfect example of why those silly little movies even exist in the first place. and I was grateful for the small reality break. actually the only disappointing part is that the movie was set in Scotland but somehow David wasn't Scottish (which he is in real life). So he wasn't talking in his actual Scottish accent. which is just a complete and total waste. can't say i'm grateful about that. but the rest of it..totally grateful. for sure.

especially because my night ended with my sleeping son drooling on me and peeing a little bit on my foot. reality break over.

Thanks for reading!
Lana

No comments:

Post a Comment