Monday, July 2, 2012

Chalazion.

Have you ever heard of a chalazion?

no?

I hadn't either. but apparently The Marsh went and decided he needed to grow two of them.

so what are they?

they are cysts.

on your eyes.

are you throwing up in your mouth too? cause I know I was. do yourself a favor and DO NOT look them up in google images. it ain't pretty.

I know I know. Gee Alana, isn't this a blog about being grateful? why are you writing about him getting chalazions?

well, it's because today The Marsh had them surgically removed.

So today I am grateful that The Marsh is chalazion free.

without chilazions.

post chilazion.

(hopefully anyway)

and wouldn't that have just been the weirdest opening line to date? yes. it would have. i figured a little background information was needed. and his surgery went very well, so we both extemely grateful for that. The Marsh tends be a bit sqeemish, especially where is eyes are concerned too. so i'm also secretly grateful that he didn't faint on our way out of the eye doctors office. just between you and me it was a little touch and go there for a few minutes. i didn't quite think we were gonna make it.

he seems to be doing much better now. he napped for awhile after we got home from his surgery and was up and about this afternoon. his eye looks really sore, he doesn't seem to be complaining too much about it yet, but he certainly looks like he just got decked in the face. he was also told by his doctor that he may randomly have bloody tears come of out his eye. that's not creepy like a virgin mary statue or anything.
(note to self: be extremely grateful if things don't end up looking like the freaking stigmata in here.)

I very proud of him for going through with the surgery. technically, he really didn't have much choice. but he could have put it off much longer. and whether he'll admit it openly or not, i knew he was scared by the prospect of having surgery done around his eye. I love him a little bit more for handling it so well.

I'll also be grateful if he was really kidding about getting up with me in the morning so that i could do his make up before i left for work. something about covering up his black eye. he's so ridiculous. I don't think my make-up would work for his coloring at all.

Thanks for reading!
Lana

No comments:

Post a Comment