Tuesday, July 3, 2012

July 3, 2006.

Today I am grateful for July 3, 2006.

because that was the day I met The Marsh.

exactly six years ago today.

Sometimes it's so unbelievable to think we've been together for six years now. and yes, I say together, even though it was the day we met. because i would without a doubt say the we have been together since that moment. i'm not even going to try and say that we just didn't know it yet. we did. we both knew the minute we met that this was it. game over. i belonged to him and he belonged to me. there just wasn't any other option.

it seems amazing to think about everything we've been through together since then. moving in together, getting engaged and getting married. twice. having brey and then georgiana. living in a crappy apartment for years and then managing to buy our first house together. it seems impossible some days that we've been together long enough to accomplish all that. some days it seems impossible that we ever existed before there was a "we". I feel like i have always been with him. We've been together for 6 minutes. We've been together for 6 years. We've been together for 60 years. It all seems to coexist for at the same time. but i guess the only thing that matters in that sentence is "We've been together...."

I'm also grateful today for one teensy tiny petty reason. but...this is my blog, so i'm allowed to be petty on occasion right? right. Being with The Marsh for six years is HUGE. why? well, this girl right here has never managed to hold on to a long term relationship anywhere past a year before The Marsh. and to be fair, i met him when i was 18..so there wasn't any real need to have a relationship longer than that leading up to meeting him. But The Marsh. oh The Marsh. he does long term very well. in fact, his last relationship before me lasted for five and half years. that's right five and a half years.

guess who just officially became his longest relationship.

VALIDATION!!!!

okay, so i don't really need to be validated. we're married. we have babies. we bought a house. i know he isn't going to up and leave me and i certainly don't habor any thoughts that he might ever think about his ex. but i'm not going to lie, i like knowing that he's been with me longer than he's been with anyone else. i guess we can call that petty, but i've accepted that about myself. i'm cool with it.

I know that i'm grateful for The Marsh alot on here, but he's my everything, you know? It's hard not to be grateful for that frequently. so today I'm glad that The Marsh walked into my best friend's kitchen on july 3, 2006. and changed my life. forever.


Thanks for reading!
Lana

No comments:

Post a Comment