Sunday, July 22, 2012

A Feeling.

Today I am grateful for a feeling.

This feeling said "Lana, you need to get your ass outside and up on a mountain."

yes. my feelings swear too.

so I thought about this feeling for a minute. and then decided i was going to follow through with it. so I sent my brother a text to see if he was up for a little light hiking and away we went.

ha.

hahahaa.

hahahahahhaahaha.

light hiking. that's rich.

so the mountain that we originally planned on hiking didn't seem to be marked super clearly (and also kind of seemed lame) so we decided to keep following some different trails over on the neighboring mountain. and then was saw a sign that said Ocean Lookout 0.7 miles. My brother and i decided that sounded like a good place to head for and eat lunch. of course, it just happened to be 0.7 miles straight up. man. i need to get back in some serious shape. i thought i was going to have a heart attack.

but i knew it was going to be worth it. the higher we kept climbing, i knew i wouldn't regret it.

and man, was i right,


the view was just amazing.

it actually made my heart hurt.

or maybe that was just me recovering from my mini heart attack

even my brother looked a little emotional at the thought of being somewhere so beautiful, knowing that you had to do something physically challenging to get there.


some nice man took out picture for us. and we ate our lunch before hiking our way back down. and even if i managed to fall on my butt once on the way down, i didn't regret for one single second going on that hike today. I knew when i was sitting up on that cliff and was looking out at the ocean that i was grateful for that moment. grateful for how beautiful everything is where i live. grateful i only have to drive an hour for this spectacular view. grateful that despite what i may think sometimes I was actually in good enough shape to make it to the top. grateful that my brother was there to tackle that trail with me. and grateful that i listened to that feeling that said this is what you are going to do today. you are going to climb a mountain.


Thanks for reading!
Lana

No comments:

Post a Comment